The Journal "Biosfera" is included in the "List of Russian scientific journals, which should be published basic scientific results of dissertations for the degree of doctor and candidate of sciences".
The journal is intended for the publication of research results, and for the comprehensive review, analysis and discussion of issues related to:
- The origin and evolution of the biosphere;
- The actual state of the biosphere;
- Natural and anthropogenic processes and tendentsiyv abiotic and biotic components of the biosphere and the biosphere as a whole;
- The conditions and possibilities of improvement and conservation of certain ecosystems and the biosphere as a very large-scale and highly complex ecological system;
- Global and have the potential of globalization, local general social explosions, such as demographic, urban, migration, communications, transport, energy, etc., capable of causing disturbances and changes in the biosphere;
- Scientific, technological and technical proposals to restore disturbances in the biosphere and to minimize environmental risk, including obuslovlivaemogonauchnymi, technological and technical innovations, the progress of civilization as a whole, political decisions, processes taking place in society, etc.
- Political and philosophical aspects of these issues.