Hoja de ruta para nodos y puertas de entrada a la información (RING) para la investigación agraria para el desarrollo

Chitedze Agricultural Research Station, Department of Agricultural Research

Chitedze Agricultural Research Station (CARS) was established in the 1948 to expand the work which was being carried out at Likuni Experiment Station.This was done under the leadership of Mr. S. Hoyle, the first Chief Agricultural Research Officer (director) in Malawi.
The first field experiments on the station were conducted in the 1949/50 season. Since the inception of the station several institutions have been established within the premises. Colby College of Agriculture, which later moved and was renamed the Natural Resources College, was opened in 1956. The Grain Legumes Research Unit (GLRU) was established in 1964 under the auspices of the Agricultural Research Council of Central Africa. The GLRU was in 1975 handed over to the Department of Agricultural Research.
General
Belongs to network: 
Contacts: 
Geographic
Geographic coverage: 
Global
Country where the service is managed: 
Malawi
Networks
Contenido
Data managed: 
Specific topic (AGROVOC): 
Currency: 
Current / updated
Interoperability
agINFRA The RING is part of the agINFRA project EC 7th framework program INFRA-2011-1.2.2 - Grant agr. no: 283770